Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sundin Not Ready to Make A Decision on Future


I suggest this is not the happy ending we had all hoped for? WTF Matts, $20 million to play 2 more years in Vancouver - are your crazy?

Free agent forward Mats Sundin has thanked teams which have shown interest in him, but says he's not ready to make a decision on his playing future right now.
The 37-year old released the following statement on Wednesday:
"I would like to thank all the teams who have expressed such sincere interest in my services.
"The numerous options provided to me were impressive and I have no doubt that each one presented a unique opportunity for me to finish my career in a terrific hockey environment.
"I spent a great deal of time yesterday reflecting upon the teams who stepped forward and the opportunities that each provided.
"Unfortunately, I am simply not close to being ready to make a decision about resuming my career at this time.
"I wish all the teams the very best and thank them for their interest."
Sundin is reportedly being chased by as many a four different teams. The Vancouver Cancucks made the biggest splash, by offering a 2-year, $20 million contract for the Big Swede.
The nine-time All-Star is the leading scorer in Maple Leafs franchise history. Over his 13 seasons in blue and white, Sundin scored 420 goals and 987 points and spent 10 years as team captain.
Sundin had another stellar season for the Maple Leafs, recording a team-best 32 goals and 78 points this past season. Sundin, a two-time second-team NHL All-Star, won a gold medal with Team Sweden at the Torino Olympics in 2006.
In 83 playoff games, Sundin has scored 35 goals and 74 points, with all but four of those points coming in a Leafs uniform.

No comments: