Thursday, August 21, 2008

LAMAZE (who?) CAPTURES GOLD IN EQUESTRIAN SHOW JUMPING (What is that?)



I mean what the hell is going on here? Folks, we are a nation of beer drinking hocky and lacross players (yes, canoe "drivers" too), so what gives with all these horse riding medals?
I think this is great, but I am willing to bet 99% of the nation had never heard of this poor bugger before day. I wonder how many little Canadian boys and girls will now be asking for an equestrian horse for their birthday instead of skates? Anyways good on you Eric, but I still think we have a long, long way to go before show jumping is a mainstream Canadian activity.
From tsn.ca: Canada's Eric Lamaze wins gold in equestrian individual jumping
Eric Lamaze of Schomberg, Ont., captured the show jumping title Thursday at the Beijing Games, giving Canada its first-ever individual equestrian gold. Full Story.

No comments: